Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Really


This is a word I use quite a bit.  The league schedules two 7:30 p.m. games in a row on school nights, really?  My son cried the other day when he got picked off at 2nd, really?  Some mean little girl called my daughter an idiot during practice, really?  The little brat was 3 years older than mine.  Her mother response was a light, “sorry”, really?  That’s all you’ve got!

The coach form the other team, continues to have his team steal bases, when they are ahead by 15 runs, really?  A parent from the other bench comes over to take a picture of his kid, who proceeds to smash the ball.  He starts screaming “take three, take three,” right in front of our parents, his team was already trouncing us.  Really.

You can’t hear my sarcasm; you can’t hear the inflection and tone in my voice.  The exasperation I feel when I say this.  People never cease to amaze me.  When we are winning by a significant amount, I quit cheering.   It’s not worth it to cheer for my kid when he is beating a struggling team.  Bragging when you win by 20 runs is simply poor form.


Clearly, I am one of the few people who subscribe to this point of view.  At one game I found myself praying for the other team to just strike a few of our kids out.  Oh well, I can’t change it and I don’t care to.  It a lesson to be learned and I hope my son and daughter learn to say, really?  Because in most of these situations, that’s all I’ve got.

No comments:

Post a Comment