Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thank God my kids are special

Some lady in New York is suing the private school her 4 year old used to go to.  She has accused the school of being one big play room, putting the 4 year old in a 2 year old class and thus damaging her kids chances for getting into a prestigious private school, then Ivy League college.

Now we can all sue the various gyms, schools, sports and music programs.  I can’t wait to blame others for my kids shortfalls, although, let’s be honest, they don’t really have any.  But it nice to know I can sue someone if all the money I am spending on him or her doesn’t pay off, even though it will, I’m not concerned.

I mean, thank God my kids are so special, I will never have to worry about this.  I am expecting a call any day now from the top colleges in the country.  I fell so sorry for this woman.  Clearly her kid was not good enough and she was thinking, I’ll spend nineteen thousand dollars and get her up to speed.  Well, we can’t all be winners.

I’m glad I don’t have this problem.  I guess it’s in the genetics.  Who knows what would have happened if they weren’t good and got on the wrong team or ended up in the wrong class at school.  The key to your kid’s success is not in the amount of money you spend.  I beg God daily to make my kids perfect, so far, so good.

Well I better go, the phone is ringing, and I’m sure its Harvard.

2 comments:

  1. Joanna- we need to start an exclusive club! My kids are perfect too! Crazy! I thought I was the only one! It's good to know that there is someone else out there who knows what I am going through! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more, its time all of us with perfect children stepped up to the plate and let our voices be heard. Let's do decaf when you get back from the big apple, good luck. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete