Friday, April 22, 2011

Gym Wars


My daughter is looking for a new gym and she has narrowed it down to two places.  I am at a complete loss as to which one is the right fit and she seems to flip flop, no pun intended, every day.

I keep hoping the gods of cheer will somehow appear to me in my sleep, a burning bush will start talking to me, or a color-coded galactic pom pom will hit me in the face.  I’m even considering asking the magic eight ball, but am convinced the answer would be “ask again later”.

One gym formed with coaches from the other gym, and this has caused some friction.   Both programs seem very good.  The parents at both gyms talk trash on each other.  Some of them really have negative things to say.  It’s so stupid.  I am pretty sure there are enough cheerleaders to go around.  Can’t we all just get along?

So we are taking classes at both gyms a bit longer and weighing the pro’s and con’s, (checking out the uniforms, seeing who has bigger hair bows).  I feel like I should be more in control, have a better feeling one-way or the other.  I honestly don’t, which means either gym will probably be fine.  So I’m cutting the strings and letting the kid pick.  I am still looking to the heavens, hoping a sign appears in the night sky, oh my, look!  Never mind, it was just an airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment